Salesforce, the world’s leading CRM company, has long been committed to making the world a better place for all of us to live in, and the most important part of its mission is to foster gender equality in the tech domain.
An equal opportunity employer, Salesforce strives to bring equality in all spheres of its internal as well as external environment. With this vision ahead of it, Salesforce recently introduced the Salesforce Supermums Program to appreciate the feminine power in a world that is otherwise primarily dominated by the Alpha Males and alike. But no longer! The Salesforce Supermums Program empowers mums and (dads!) across the world to stay close to highly-paid career opportunities along with the flexibility and skills needed to thrive in an age of technology and digitalization.
Want to know more about the Salesforce Supermums program? Keep reading our latest blog on how Salesforce commits itself to empower women by helping them with a lucrative career in Salesforce.
What is the main objective of the Salesforce Supermums Program?
Salesforce, being a social enterprise, is passionate about making changes in the technology world and improving society by encouraging women to step into the world of Salesforce.
Salesforce Supermums was founded by Heather Black who has been a part of the Salesforce family since 2012. She wanted to create a network for supermums with specialized skills and technical abilities for the digital age. The mission is totally focused on training 200 mums in Salesforce by the end of 2020.
And so, the Supermums Program came into prominence with the support of Salesforce.org and Sage. It was launched at the end of 2016, encouraging both mums and dads to achieve a better and healthy work-life balance.
Salesforce Supermums Workforce Development Program is a 6-month award-winning and life-changing online training program on particular courses. These courses primarily include weekly live webinars sessions that are supported by a team of experts and volunteers. Peer study groups and one-to-one mentors provide help and support for the coursework and opportunities for complicated queries on any topic with a purpose to build confidence and improve observational and learning strengths.
During the last month of training sessions, Supermums knowledge is matched with a hands-on experience based on 6 days of work project provided by their mentor and a project manager. Training results in developing essential IT skills and knowledge, high confidence, and valuable experience to contribute effectively to their organization.
Why Salesforce is a good career choice?
It’s simple! Salesforce is the world’s leading customer relationship management platform. Since it is a cloud-based Software as a service (SaaS) company, employment opportunities generated by it offer the type of flexibility and adaptability at the workplace that mums are always looking for.
The demand for Salesforce skilled professionals and experts is increasing day by day in today’s job market and it is one of the biggest reasons to explore the opportunity to join the growing Salesforce economy.
Excited yet? Yes, you should be! The growing momentum of the Salesforce ecosystem is what drives job creation worldwide and the potential for growth for millions of professionals.
The demand for Salesforce expert talent is huge … It’s time for you to get in!
Every manager, whether in a Salesforce-based or another company, must make it a top-most priority to recruit the most talented people who know about their company system, products, and services.
There is simply no denying the fact that hiring and on-boarding a new employee are two of the biggest tasks ahead of a recruiting manager. Therefore, it does make sense to get associated with talented moms and dads who already have a feel of how to balance their work and personal life.
Five ways to support working moms in your team
- Make yourself available 24*7 – Let your female employees know that you understand that family is their foremost priority. As an employer, you should also provide them the freedom to contact you anytime to discuss how to create a balance between personal and professional life.
Establish a level of trust and transparency between you and your employees. If an employee is expected to miss out an important meeting due to some household problems, she should interact with you and figure out an alternative way to make things work.
- Discuss Flexible work timings – This could relate to options such as non-traditional work hours, work from home, a part-time position, or something similar. Be creative and ready to make a few compromises to establish a flexible schedule at your organization.
- Leverage technology – Use a Social media platform to get in touch with your employees, if they are unavailable. Provide your employees with the feature of listening to an important meeting or session later on by recording every staff meeting. This will enable your employees to work smarter and faster from anywhere.
- Treat all your employees equally – All employees must always be treated humanely and evenly to create a positive work environment. This will help them deliver their best efforts.
- Practice what you preach – It is important to set realistic targets that can be achieved. Moreover, you should establish a set of rules and regulations and everyone should follow them. In short, practice what you preach.
Salesforce Supermums had a vision of assisting other mums to get back to work by offering training, hands-on experience, and mentoring.
Trailhead (an online tutorial to learn Salesforce) provides an interactive learning platform to acquire the skills required to land a job in the workplace.
Here at CloudAnalogy, we believe that everyone can be a trailblazer and to make it a reality we harness new technologies and develop high quality, scalable products and services. Using robust technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, the Internet of Things, Machine Learning, and more so that you harness the best of technological advancements. Not only this, we take great pride in creating better career growth opportunities and equality for everyone. That’s how we do business!